June 25, 2004

A treat for you all! A post now that has nothing to do with quizilla.com, nothing to do with my various gripes regarding society or its people (damn you rioters) but instead it is the fun fun world of my maths Stats exam.

Ok, so we are given a whole two hours to do the exam, which initially looked like a fair amount to me. That was until i finished the last question and looked up to find the clock had moved from 8:27 to 8:49 in the time i took to do the exam. I reconsidered my answeres and went back over the paper, carefully scrutinising all my answers and providing clearer answers and more indepth working out. I look up, happy at the time I spent.

The clock has moved from 8:49 to 8:55.

Slightly panicking now, i bend over and spend my time making all the diagrams and graphs look the neatest I can get them, and spend an enormous amount of time redoing my chloropleth graph to ensure it is the best damn diagram i've done. I looked over my answers again and again, spottin a few wrong answers, putting in a few units, and generally checking my paper (an alien concept to be honest.) I look up once more, smug as a pug.

The clock reads 9:14

It's all i can do to stop myself screaming in frustration. I have finished a 2 hour long exam paper in 48 minutes. looking around the room, so have many other people.

So, almost an hour later, the invigilator looks around and proclaims : "Maths Statistics, you have 30 minutes remaining." I can hear the groans of abject torment, witholding my own maniacal sniggering as i edge closer and closer to the brink of total psychosis. Looking around the room, there is not 1 solitary person still working (except of course the A2 English exam, but they were in there for another 1/2 an hour >:D). I see the various methods people are using to try and relieve the boredom. Dan Fox seems to be asleep, Michael Stewart (no relation, unless you havent told me something Mum) is holding up a sign proclaiming his love for David Gee (poor man, boredom does srtange things to people) Robert Outram typing on his calculator "Y0().F001.", and with around 10 minutes left a conga rhythm is tapped out on someones desk.

I suppose all that kept me in my happy place (which was inhabited by characters from the Happy Tree Friends, so i think i'd slipped into a totally psycholgically tormenting moment at that point...) was a peice of graffitti on the desk i was sitting at. A little picture of Frankenstien's monster (or Hermann Munster, i couldnt be sure) giving a little thumbs up, a jovial grin, with the speech bubble "Good Luck". I felt very tempted to write "Thank ye Franky!" underneath, but considering the fragile state i was in mentally i didnt want to write anything in case i somehow recited the Necronomicon and spawned hell on earth.

Exams are wierd...

-

Short anecdote (not a personal one, i nicked it) for you -

(If you have Nightvision by Daft Punk put it on. Its a nice mood to the story.)

"Fighting in Thetford
I was shocked and sickened to hear the mindless drunken scumbags at the Red Lion last nite.....just because the battle cruiser is owned by a couple of Portugeeessseee business men trying to earn a livin, they trashed the pub, wouldnt let people out, burnt the landlords car and smashed up his van."
Stolen from uk.playstation.com member Sly

And people wonder why i hate football and the world we live in...

G'night
DickyBod

Playing: Kingdom Hearts
Reading: Jennifer Government
Listening to: Nightwish - "Ever Dream"
Watching: I may watch the Reduced Shakespeare Company or Rowan Atkinson...
Annoyed with: Football hooligans
Confused about: How AQA decide how long to set an exam for
Mood: Psychotically bored. Doped up on Weetabix