June 15, 2004

Muse 1 : "What is it in water that makes it burn?"

-

Good day to you one and all, and welcome back to Teh DickyBlog, and yes, it's still as dull and boring as it was yesterday!

Well, so far i've had very little to do. actually, that's not quite true of course, becuase i did have a Mathematics Exam a little over 6 hours ago. It went rather well, I have to admit, the differences between this one and the previous Maths paper being both numerous and many. Ok...there were 2.

1 ~ The use of a calculator, which from the 10 minutes to go mark I used to Ans-1 down the seconds to the end of the exams. And was I on time? Damn straight :)

2 ~ It was actually markedly easier, ensuring that instead of the possible 22/100 I could get on the Non-Calculator paper, I could get 40/100 as a maximum on this. Which called for a mild amount of w00tage as the day progressed.

So, with the differences covered, I suppose I'd best also cover the similarities.

1 ~ I actually got the same desk as the last exam, which isn't really surprising as i think everyone did. However, it was nice to see some new graffiti on the desk, since it gave me a further insight as to how many people feel about General Studies. Which was nice.

2 ~ Like the other exam paper, it was printed on paper

3 ~ Music by George Gershwin

-

The first 15 questions were the easy part, up until Q. 15 when Edexcel must have remembered they were meant to be typing out the Higher Tier paper and cranked up the difficulty. take Q. 2 for example :

2. A radio station in Manchester (y'alright pet?) transmits radio programs for a distance of 30km. On this map (scale : 1cm = 10km) draw and shade the region where these programs can be picked up.

Yawn x 10 to the power of 5318008.

Still, I spent a good 10 minutes shading that region. One, to make it look neat and well presented, and two, to waste time so I didn't have to wait for the exam to end an hour after I had.

-

The best question in the paper had to be Q.10. Let me recite :

Q.10 Amy has 10 CD's in a CD case. 6 of these CD's are those of her favourite band "Edex" (Edex? What, huh? Hang on...) Calculate the probability of her picking an Edex CD.

Hmm, her favourite band is Edex....on an Edexcel paper. Do i sense shameless self-promotion? Who were her other 4 CD's by? HypOCRacy? Ay Que Ay? Subtlety never was so obvious...actually, I can think of worse examples...

-

I was reading down the lyrics to Nightwish's song Fantasmic (plug plug), and have come to the conclusion that these people have watched FAR too many Disney films that is healthy.

Evidence for the prosecution :

"Wish upon a star/No matter who you are" - Pinocchio (sp?)

"The second star to the right" - Peter Pan

"A cub of the king betrayed by usurper" - The Lion King

"Belle the last sight for the dying gruesome" - Beauty and the Beast

"Deep in a dream/For true love`s first kiss" - Sleeping Beauty/Shrek (sorry, couldn't help that one :D)

"Black Cauldron born" - Black Cauldron (that was Disney right?)

"Maleficent`s fury" - Sleeping Beauty (again)

"The spindle so luring" - Sleeping Beauty (nochmal nochmal)

"Apprentice of Yen Sid" - Fantasia (YEN SID?? How obvious do you want to be?)

a) "A mermaid..." - The Little Mermaid
b) "...in a tale as old as time" - Beauty and the Beast

And I believe there is actually a show in Disneyland/Yen Sid Land called Fantasmic.

In the song Crownless :

"Mine is the Earth and the sword in the stone" - Sword in the Stone

The lawyers are salivating again, and I'm sure there's loads more

Well, only one day to go until the 4 month-iversary. I'll keep you posted (no pun intended :D)

G'night
DickyBod

Playing: .hack//INFECTION
Reading: Jennifer Government
Listening to: Nightwish - Crownless
Watching: My language
Annoyed with: My ear still
Confused about: Astrojaxx...
Mood: Woo! Happy happy happy fun fun fun!