June 19, 2005

Uuuuuuuuurgh....

Almost every single conversation I've had today has had something in it regarding todays weather. I can smell things burning. The cats have spontaneously combusted. The gas man's hair was set alight. The tap pours out steam instead of water.

Today, my ladyfriends, is far too hot. 32 degrees?! Fuhgeddabout it...

Uuurgh doing anything just seems like too much hassle. I was meant to be going to irritate a couple of people in safeway's today, but I think the walk down there would set me alight.

Why do people LIKE this sort of weather?! "Oh, what a brilliant day! The sun is shining, my arm is burning! Come on, the weather is perfect for lots of physical endurance and exhertion!!!". As Billy Connolly once said, there's no such thing as the wrong kind of weather, theres only the wrong kind of clothes.

Which is a good point. Sitting around in this weather with a heavy coat on is ludicrious (not to mention practically suicidal) and a t-shirt and shorts in the pouring rain is a little silly. But I prefer rain dammit! Everyone gripes about it cos they cant stand getting wet, but I'm sorry getting wet is SO MUCH more preferable to a heavy sunburn. I havent been in the sun for more than 30 minutes in the last 3 days, and I suspect my face, neck and arms are already slightly burnt. 30 minutes!!! What the hell is up with that?!?!? I NEED RAIN TO THRIVE DAMMIT!!!

This rant is probably not doing any good. I have a whole week of this crappy weather.
CLOTHES! When I go back to school I know what I'm gonna be seeing. All the guys, in shirt and tie sitting there sweltering due to crappy clothing restrictions. As for the girls, nooo come in wearing anything comfortable as long as the male teachers arent too distracted by anything sluttish. I aint kidding. We're all going to be wearing this (Jon in a few years there) while the females are gonna be in this and or this. Well, maybe not the second, but you get the idea. Where's the justice?! SUIT! HOT! SWEATING IN THE EXTREMITY GOOD IS NOT! BASTARDS!!! MOTH!

Grr the sun is a demon that must be exterminated! Look how he mocks us!



SEE?! Ooh how i hate that sun. WEll, i guess tis good for, you know, being alive and all that, but he could at least do us a favour and turn himself down a little. Reminds me a lot of this comic. I found another one searching for those clothes pictures. More a collection of amusing drawings than an actual comic strip (yes, i know...) but some were particularly amusing. One even referenced Jon's post about Chav clowns in this little sketchette.

I have nothing to do. Even if i did have something to do, this weather is sapping all enthusiasm I'd have for doing it. I'm not even thinking about going into my room until at least 8 30, because my room most fortunately happens to face the sun in the day. This unfortunatly means I lose the ability to do something vaguely videogame related. Shame as I was kinda inkling to play either FFVII or FFIX. But as it is i'm sitting here, talking to noone on MSN, bloggin random streams of consiouseness or however its spelt, listening to muse and thinking I could go and have another few games of Heli Attack 3...

Which I am acrtualy now playing so I shall sign off. Hope that wasnt too rambly... well..... actually it was wasnt it...

Oh, and for she that is based in the Orkney's, if your temperature is below 20 and you're getting rain, I hate you. I hate you lots.

Night all
'chard

5 comments:

Sarah said...

All the girls in your school are pregnant?

Chard said...

Would NOT surprise me

Jon said...

Eugh, I'd never put on such a cheezy grin.

Ell said...

Below 20? BELOW 20?! IT'S ALWAYS BELOW BLOODY TWENTY!

*sniff...* Nobody likes me, everybody hates me... wish we had some good weather...

Chard said...

I will take the swap anytime :D