February 29, 2004

Ok, I've been able to eat for 3 and a half hours now, and all ive had is a cheese sandwich and some steak. Not bad for someone who's just had nothing to eat for an entire day. My last meal before famine-dom was a platter of chips, which were far to salty. But, as my last meal, I accepted them gratefully, and they weren't so bad once my taste buds had commited suicide. So anyway, and account begins:

For reasons best known to themselves a number of people didnt turn up, but i find a smaller group to be a lot better that a large one. (Which is why if a lot of people congregate around the radiator i walk off) THe event began with the ending of the afore-mentioned last meal (in my case at 1300) and from then on nothing but water, although i will admit to having had a cup of coffee and two cupfulls of vanilla coke. The most obvious thing about the place was the extortionate amount of CD's and DVD's that had managed to find there way into the church, which admittedly was no bad thing. After several rousing sessions of Solitaire on the laptop, i was curtailed into a game of Scrabble against my parents and another faster. Needless to say the victory was mine (gloat gloat) with some tactful blocking of the triple word score boxes. Then a game of Jenga (hunger starting to creep in) from which i again emerged victorious. The first of the two films of the evening was then played. (Toy Story, still possibly one of the funniest films i have ever seen) After that there was a void of chit chat and hunger, until 9 when the second motion picture was started, this time Finding Nemo, hunger now really starting to build. For those who havent seen it, do so, it is highly amusing, despite the anatomically incorrect clownfish (Pixar, eyes should be at the side) and the very limited onscreen appearance of Crush ("Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude") ONce that was over, the amusing idea was put forward for a game of Sardines, possibly the most interesting game to play in a pitchblack church at midnight on an empty stomach. Possibly the best moment of this game for me was my second time at hiding. I was underneath a very dark pew, and NS player Necronz was looking in the pew in front of me. He leaned over the back of that pew, looking straight down at me. However, due to the lack of luminesence he couldn't see me, so the only way he could have found me was by touch. Say, by clenching his hand into a fist and ramming it down into the gap under the pew, say, where my left eye happened to be. He then very subtly managed not to reveal my position to the rest of the players ("OH MY GAD ARRRGH WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!!!") IN a church to tsk tsk tsk... I hope he burns. Anyway, having now been discovered, it took several of the players a further 10 minutes to locate me. Well, we had to loacte them. One of the other players had sensed me on the other side of the church, and had crawled under the space to get me (reasons best known to herself) and her friend followed her under. Only after everyone in my hiding place had vacated andfound them did the error arise. Ah, fun.

Anyway, after the fun of that, bedtime beckoned. 1 in the morning. I woke at 7:20. I am very tired at the mo. However, being a Sunday, Church was on the next morning. Now, i had no problem with that. In fact i looked forward to it in a way. However, after the service is tea, coffee, and BISCUITS!!! OOOOOH i hated all those who thrusted a biscuit under my nose, or retold tales of what they had last night for dinner. How...amusing...

ANyway, 24 hours well spent, and im starving...

No comments: