April 01, 2006

Ocarina of Charity

Let me start simply by saying:

Image hosting by Photobucket

SHOCK HORROR!

So, yesterday was the both the last day of the Spring Term and the day of the planned Zelda Charity run for Great Ormond Street. Most of the day was spent playing pictionary on Stanton's board and Category Snap. After deciding that the rest of the day was going to be a morbid waste of space and time, Steve Jon and I sped off to respective homes. I then trekked from mine to Rob's where I was greeted by Matt, and I sat and watched along with their adventures.

So, yeh, if you're lost completely, Matt and Rob were planning to complete The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time in under 10 hours and use the funds raised to go to charity. Sorted no? Well, despite the fact OoT has an estimated play time of 80 hours...

Still, I arrived at 2 and a half hours in, and they were almost at Adult Link (which,if you remember, took me 9 hours) and moving along. They even had a camera set up recording the game, as proof (if its needed) that they did in fact complete it in the time they said. A few early shots here:
Image hosting by Photobucket
There the pair and camera
Image hosting by Photobucket
Li'l Link
Image hosting by Photobucket
Rob looking devilish
Image hosting by Photobucket
Quick tea break
Image hosting by Photobucket
Matt, with both hands full had to be fed the strawberry laces. Such determination!

Hmm, actually, 'Li'l Link' may have been a bad caption, since due to the comic nature of the event, they had changed the name of the Hero of Time from Link to:
Image hosting by Photobucket
Over the course of the day more spectators turned up:
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Check the organisation!

And so, at the end of the game, the tape was stopped, the sheet was ticked complete, Rob and Matt looked celebratory:
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
And the challenge came to an end. But, did they make the final 10 hour target?
Image hosting by Photobucket
Yeh, just by a bit!

But wait! As the witness with the camera, I made it my duty to interview the various people and players of this monumentous occasion. These interview tapes are available on request, send a comment or SAE my way.

After that was a celebratory meal with Jon Dave Matt Rob Tom Liam Chris and I, and then the group sans Jon (who had taken off in the Aubergine Avenger)and Chris went to the Railway and enjoyed the sumptuous delights of H2SO4. Or whatever it is.

Today I've spent cleaning my room and painting my Tau for monday. Though I really am getting the urge to go play Zelda...

Night peeps.
'chard

Playing: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II (KOTORII)
Reading: 'Fail'
Listening to: 'Moskau' -Rammstein
Annoyed with: Lowering attention span
Mood: 'mok
Song currently stuck in head: 'Operation Ground and Pound' - Dragonforce
Favourite Song of the Minute: 'Tight Rope' - Lacuna Coil

3 comments:

Dauve said...

An impressive time of completion.

Darn, that's me £5 out of pocket then...

Jon said...

Delicious sulphuric acid... :)

Hele said...

You may have meant C2H5OH.