April 16, 2006

A collective of nouns

Collective nouns seem strange to me. Ok, I get some of the obvious ones, but wheres the logic behind 'a murder of crows'? Who came up with 'a tedium of golfers'? So, in true cynic style, I decided that obviously what had happened was that people had taken the subject, and randomly scanned the dictionary for a word to match. So, let's give this a go shall we? All the subjects are things around me at the moment, the words are random from the dictionary.
  • A Pheasantry of Andrew Lloyd Webber musicals.
This one was inspired by the fact that Jesus Christ Superstar is on at the moment and that I opened the dictionary to P.
  • A Mediocrity of chewing gum
Which is true enough. Mint is kinda dull after the whiles. Where's the guava and papaya flavours? Come on Wrigley's, get your act together!
  • A Juniper of Video Blogs
Which I was going to do one of for this post, seeing as its the 300th. I had the idea before the 2 pints!
  • A Retina of Shakespeare scripts
Well, the guy did have quite the eye for literacy...
  • A hart's-horn of MySpace users
Harts-horn apparantly being "Horn of the hart, ammoniacal preperation obtained from the horn; solution of ammonia". Isn't ammonia poisonous? Would sort them out, no problem...
  • A militia of CD-RW
Wow, I knew they were evil but... wow...
  • An ichneumon of garden forks
They arent egyptian weasels! This logic is flawed!
  • An impregnation of chocolate bunnies
ok, SO not eating them now...
  • A newspaper of Kaiser Chief albums
Hm, i suppose theres the jobs section...
  • A pettifoggery of adopted mothers
Fantastic word!
  • A mistranslation of Twelth Night
Serendipity!!! That's far better than the thing thats happening to my kids! Fantastic! Don't kill me Helen...
  • An insecticide of Christ
Hmm, so it WASN'T crucifixion... email the pope, tell everyone to wear spray cans on their gold chains instead of crosses.
  • A reign of spoons
...now that's just evil!

In the words of that guy from art attack, try it yourself!

A slight of 'chards
Playing: Fable
Reading: The Dictionary
Listening to: 'Pulse of the Maggots' - Slipknot
Annoyed with: Girls
Mood: Ahem
Song currently stuck in head: 'Time Honoured Tradition' - Keiser Chiefs
Favourite Song of the Minute: 'Duality' - Slipknot (listened to it for 4 hours straight. \m/)

3 comments:

Dauve said...

300th post?

Back of the net!

titch said...

The Dictionary is great "bedtime" reading. Why you should be annoyed with girls, I don't know! Girls rock. I haven't even done 100 posts yet! *is embarrassed* (but proud of her ability to spell the word- hehe)

HHM said...

Here's two my friends and I came up with a couple of years ago:

A confusion of interview candidates.
A naivety of freshers.