December 31, 2004

2004 is, like, SOOO last year... almost

So another year comes to an end. Another pretty good year to be perfectly frank, and certainly my favourite year for quite a while. And, in the true written format, can only be reminisced upon using words. Isn't that a fun idea?

2004: A 'chard Oddysey

January, the month of Mocking

Ah, a rather nice month. Not only the beginning of the New Year (soon to be the old year) but also the signpost for me to run staight into the lovely things that were the GCSE mock exam results. Truth be told, I can't even remember taking them, but i know I must have at some point. I think I got a C in the maths mock. Oh how things were to change... *hem hem*. Also, the 10th marked Valmar's 10000th year of existance (or first, depending on what calender you're using) and the 11th was the IOM's first year. Fancy that for a bowl of fruit!

February, the month of blogging

February 16th! A day that without which, these words which you read would not be in existence. This blog has actually been a pretty big part of this year. I made the rough estimate that most of my internet time will include the use or reading of someone's blog. Most of my knowledge of my friend's out of school life comes from reading their blogs. If not for the blogs, I wouldn't have sporadically returned to Neopets, nor known of the existance of Moolb or Astrojaxx. But then, I wouldn't have spent far too much time than is healthy on the internet, had I not made this thing. Ah well, tis nice to have a hobby no?

March, the month of restrospective word eating and HTML

March started off well, with a nice email from Scott Adams (Dilbert author) in the inbox. Then much wierdness assued when I discovered the possibilities of HTML to very strange results. Annoying even me after a while, most of them went. then of course there was my lovely rant regarding alchohol. Ahem, well, I meant it at the time ok? then the trend of really pointless copied and pasted posts started, for which I apologise. Also was the month of my introduction to Ellen. Some madness in the air in march...

April, the month of Love, Actually

Well, not really. I watched the film and posted (for some reason, twice) on my attitudes to love. Yarg, what was I on? Hmm, I never did write that review of X-2 did I? Well, X-2 was crud. I expect I'll get back to it for Winter-Een-Mas. I also thought that 500 hits was a lot back then. Going on 10000 now. Freaky-deaky.

May, the Ukrainian Month

The month that contained that fateful Eurovision song contest evening. What did I get out of that evening? 2 chocolate oranges that I saw none of either, a catchy addition to the WMP playlist and (eventually) Sarah. Though she will no doubt contest she got me out of the evening first but meh.
And to think I could have gone to Stompp's instead... Oh, and I got .hack. Very nice game. Never got the sequels though. Should do at somepoint. Maybe if i can find them cheap in WHsmiths for W-E-M...

June, the month of Exams and 16 years

Arg, those exams. 16 hour to 2 hour long hells. Still, once they were done, I was FREE!!! FREE I TELLS YA!!!

July-September, the months of London, Somerset, Wales and Spain

SoulInTheCity, Soul Survivor, New Wine, London trips (of which 2 i missed), Sarah going away for countless days, ear infection, tonsillitus, then the return to 6th form... The summer was short...

October, the month of 6th form adjustments.

6th form really was rather different. It was nice to know that I had a spare 2 hours of a Friday morning, but was not nice realising I had Tyler as a form tutor. Foolish man...

There was the 3 trips to and from school for Malyszko's sake, Sarah left for Oxford, I won an award, and the clip post, which, as I predicted, has been a plagiarised format. Teradud... tut tut... adn of course my most geeky post to date, the 40k battle report. October was strange

November, The month of perversion

Well, what with Bush being re-elected, my take on not being able to eat a hoopoe and the great version of Song of Songs I have, Him With The Hair, me referring to myself as the Keeper of the Kerosine, and (god-forbid) a post title that said 'much normality reigns' November was a really, REALLY surreal month for this blog...

And that's not even mentioning Wedekind...

December, The Month Of Now

The final month! Christmas going off without a hitch, a wedding, another London trip, the end of the first of 6 sixth form terms, the confirmation, my christmas samurai.... what a nice month to end the year with.

Looking forward to those mocks...

2 comments:

Jon said...

A great year it has been, indeed. Our nations on NS will be 2 years old next month! Yay!

Chris said...

you moo

you lie you only won one of the choccy oranges i won the other (go norway)

and wtf is winter-een-mas