December 30, 2004

The Road Goes Ever On...

And man, so do those films!

ALTERNATE TITLE : 'The One with the euphemisms for EVERYTHING'

On Tuesday I was abruptly awoken by mah mother at some ungodly hour in the morning. 9.30!!! I mean, who's up then??? But, she had brought me a cup of tea, and once downed I had calmed hugely. A quick dressing (Thousand Island) later, I was on the way to the House of Destroyed Technology, While Being A Very Nice Place, And All Broken Things Are Actually My Fault Anyway. Or, as it is more commonly known, Stompp's! (No offense mate! No, put down the chess board...)

-

To get myself into the general mood for the day, I took along the recently acquired soundtrack to Return of the King. Having found my now favourite track (6 if you must know. Or if you have a difficult numbering system, 'tis Minas Morgul) I listened to it with most enjoyment, until, a full 5 minutes before 10, I arrived at the doorway of the House Of Musical Delights. Early! There was a first! Having had this repeatedly told to me for the next five minutes, I settled back with Stompp, one of his friends (more height and less hair now than last time), his dad, his sister and The One Caught In A Time Displacement Field When He Eats.

And, for the next 11 hours and 30 minutes, i moved from my seat but 6 times. The reason?

A marathon of all three extended edition Lord of the Rings films! Do any of you need to even ask me what a huge occassion this was? Not only was it the first time I had watched a screen for that amount of time, it was also only the second time I had sen Return of The King, and the only time I had seen the new 48 minutes! I had refrained for so long simply for this showing, and oh, how it was a glorious venture! The Mouth of Sauron! BLISS!!

Though, still no Scouring of the Shire, more's the pity. Who doesn't want to see little hobbit sized people running around with swords? *Giggles*

Many thanks to the Stompp for that wonderful wonderful day!

-

But the movie marathon fun was not over! No, no, my friends! The next day was a day spent with that most lovely of peoples, Sarah. As per a previous arrangement, we skipped the ITV showing of Star Wars Episode IV and its many adverts for a more user friendly version, employing Darth Rob's copy of it on DVD. Huzzah! After much Yavinated fun, we then decided to watch the Empire Strikes back immediatly afterwards, and what wholesome fun that was! Once home, i was sorely tempted to attack Ye That Resides Opposite for his copy of Return of the Jedi, if only so I had 2 of my 3 favourite trilogies shown back to back in as many days. Of course, had I done, I could have also stolen his copy of The Matrix Revolutions and watched all three Matrices today. But alas, that though has only just occured to me, and so is lost forever. Sighness.

-

Movie Madness no? And, seeing as I am still in that spirit, a new link for ye! The best site for internet information of films, IMDb! Most of you know it anyway, but those that don't, it is a rather good site, and well worth a look.

New Years Eve tomorrow! The fun that the evening will purvey approaches in all it's vague amounts of sleeplessness. It also marks one other thing. As THIS will demonstrate, though without the accompanying snowflake.

Have a good one!

Playing: Final Fantasy X
Reading: Blogs
Listening to: 'Minas Morgul' - Howard Shore
Watching: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Annoyed with: Little
Confused about: How I Lasted 11.5 hours...
Mood: Happy, little hungry
Song currently stuck in head: 'Minas Morgul' - Howard Shore
Favourite Song of the Minute: And again, 'Minas Morgul' - Howard Shore

1 comment:

Dauve said...

I have yet to illegally download 'Minas Morgul', so if you could... ermm... send it to me, I would be most grateful.

WINTER-EEN-MASS!!!!!! We must finish the Worms games by the end of this festive holiday.