October 31, 2005

"Fire on the Ranch, boys!!!"

And so my friends, the time is upon us. An era is finally at an end, as we can all finally wave "So long far thee well, pip pip, cheerio" (name that musical) to the time of the Autumn half term.Yes, after only 14 of them, a total of between 14-28 weeks, we will never again have an Autumn halfterm. Makes one weep almost no?

Still, thankfully mine was rather eventful at least. On the Saturday Sa was around until some time that I can't rembemember that was certainly after 12 since i never wake up before then but was all fun wonderful and for the most part cool. Sunday played host to some luncheon activities involving company and all, which was marvellous since the food was slightly better (and certainly more plentiful) which more than made up for the fact i somehow lost half the rest of day.

Monday was where it all picked up. After a quick sojourn in the Stomppmobile to the abode of Stompp ( also home to Stompp Music INK) and DESTRUCTOR FISH (C), i went to see my good friend Stamp. Or Stompp. I forget his name. Anyhoo, after a much belated joke session and the arrival of Stompp's crumpets, we ventured upstairs and engaged in that wholesome pasttime most often described in popular literary circles as Halo Co-op. Starting at 343 Guilty Spark, I got a slight shock realising that I was dying slightly less than I usually do on Heroic. Anyway, after the fun and flood that contained, we tackled the Library, which was much more of the varity "Oops, I'm dead again" variety, with accompanying "AGH oh god oh god they're coming out of the goddamn walls run come on Rick respawn respawn RESPAAaaaaargh..." sounds from Stompp. Oh and that was VERY frequent (till Stompp shot at the Sentinels. Silly man.) Once we got to Two Betrayals though we seemed to have reached the trough of our tolerance and decided to start killing each other and falling long distances for amusement's sake. Then some quick Father Ted ("But Ted, what about your sermons? People listen to you then." "Ah no Dougal, I mean people I respect.") and home times.
NOTE: At this point NTL went flurghulwelg and so I gained a week between the above paragraph and this one. Enjoy.
Tuesday was the day I braved the wonders of South Croydon in order to get my teeth poked. I enlisted the company of young Ed and off we set to the stop where buses do just that. After waiting a silly amount of time for the appropriate bus, we set off with punctuated calls of "I am sooo late...". We got there, to find i was infact about 2 hours early. Piss. Still the man came and poked about a bit, then oitlined all the needlessly complicated and painful things he wanted to do to me, and I left, got on the bus with Ed again and set off for Bromley South. After admiration of the Elves in GW, we walked around the shops for a moderate amount of time, then got back on the bus to home. Once there, I got mum and jetted BACK to Bromley to find that woman who's cross is brown, and came home, allowing her to kick my arse on SCII for the rest of the evening.

Wednesday was almost totally spent in the company of the Browncross, though I can't remember much of the details (it has been a week, go with it) but it was all well fun happy and loving until

Thursday. Dave turned up at my house and we all (sarah included) went off to the station where we met the Oakner that is Dan. After the usual acquisition of patrons (and the loss of sarah :'() we made it to the Vue in Purley for that animated film and funnyfest that is Wallace and Gromit. Oh and hilarity was abound! A very very very very very very dirty film however... not one to be watched if your mind is less than pure. So i giggled at that, and the company left to find Emmie sitting outside. Well, to each their own. We all piled back onto public transport and made our own way homes, which made the day complete and replenished.

Friday. What did i do on friday... oh yes, I decided to be ironic about calling Emmie late yesterday by turning up to her abode slightly under 2 hours late. Ah well. Still, we spent some amounts of time chatting and pianising and genrally doing nothing to better the rest of the human race, when i got a call on the telephonic communication device. As it appeared, twas Dave, and after bidding a fond farewell to the Clapham I raced home and then out to the Staines domain, where we had a huge amount of giggles over Wife Swap, attempted a very interesting imporovisation on the Tequila Slammer (involving Whiskey and Skittles) and enjoyed the fun of Ong-Bak's fights. Also got hysterically hungover, to the extent that I had a demonic stomach all the way to next wednesday.

Saturday I braved the perils of the exterior of the M25 to travel to Ocksthord. After some sleep and some gigleswiththe blokenet to me I got to my destination, and went shopping with the sa. After a long walk we got back to her place (careful) and did some baking before leaving to a parté! Twas her friend Fran's (or, to put it in the phrasing of Peter Serafinowicz, "Frrrrrrrrrrrran?!") party, and we entered to the strains of that wholesome drinking game "I have never". I learned too much about her friends that night... still was all well and good, and me and Sarah eventually staggered back to her house, before I left on the Sunday. A fun fun trip

Monday. Schooled again. Lovely. Nothing of note really happened in school, except Tuesday when my internet fooked up, meaning I've had to spend most of today catching up on EVERYTHING (and still not finished). On thursday I was greeted in the Concourse by Ed Sumption (and that was scary) who had popped in for a genial hello. Grazy and crazy.

Saturday (yesterday) was spent attempting the feat to watch all 6 Star Wars Films back to back. It was hard, and VERY VERY long. Though, with the little book to help us along, we saw some quite interesting things that I'd never noticed before:
  1. ET's in the Galactic Senate
  2. TIE Fighters in Coruscant
  3. The Stormtrooper blasters eject spent casings
  4. The Stormtrooper hitting his head on the door of the Death Star
  5. Oola (Jabba's dancer) falling into the Rancor pit with her right breast exposed
Intersting no? Unfortunately Sarah came after the 20 minute mark of Return of the Jedi, so I had to pull out at the 12 hour and 40 minutes. Still, it was a very very fun event, and kudos to Rob for the invite and seriously cool amounts of stops being pulled out regarding the presentation (gotta love the itinerary).

Came home today, dragging Sarah along with me and we spent most of the day messing around on SCII and EyeToy before her mum came and took her back home. Then I came on here, and finished this much belated post. Now to catch up on the rest of my links.

And remember...

DARTH CHARD IS WATCHING YOU

Night guys :)

5 comments:

Chris said...

It's Oliver
:)

Dauve said...

Darth 'Chard?!?!

Jon said...

"The man came and poked about a bit"

WHAT IS THIS MADNESS!?!

titch said...

grr-hehe-rrr-hahaha (mixture of anger and amusement)

Dan said...

'Twas a fun day for all. Evil Darth 'Chard...