October 23, 2005

The Simple Life

I know I was meant to continue the post under this one, but you see my friends, I was on a wierd wonderful and altogether very w filled journey! I shall relate:

So there I was, the quiet happy and sexually promiscuous giant of a person you all know and love; sitting down of a Sunday evening to enjoy a quiet relazing game session on the 2nd Station on which Play is allowed.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Suddenly, the screen flashed a brilliant white, the swirling pixels blinding me to the extent i raised my arm to shield the intense light... when my sight returned, i was in:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A disco?! I began to wonder what strange things had happened; here i was, still loking as devilishly sexy as ever, even in the trademark hoody.. but now i was but a pawn in someones sick Godlike fantasy; made of nothing but polygons, models, textures and AI, for some reason a giant green diamond above my head, and a blue shaft of light dictating my every move. I looked across the room as i heard a voice calling to me. Somehow i kne her name asCandi.. and the blue shaft called out its instruction... and i had to obey...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
It felt somewhat disturbing... well, she seemed to enjoy it, and saw fit to tell me so
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
All those people who tell you its insane to fantasise about pixels are very very right... dont... any way, the bad god (or Gad as i then dubbed him) seemed to control the very world, not just the inhabitants, as suddenly the walls and pounding techno music of the disco became...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My mums house?! At least we could have long discussions about cutlery again. Such pleasantaries were not to last however, as she gave me a list of things to get done:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Get a job? Well, she has been telling me to for ages. Deciding to suck in my dignity (and lethargy) I went outside and consulted the local rag. As it turned out, there was an oppertunity that was PERFECT! Allthose who say drama is a waste, read and weep:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
100? Nice one! However, my job was a little too far away, and I'd have to move somewhere closer. It was a heart breaking moment, but one that Gad seemed to see fit to set me on immediatly
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
So, i hit the open road, to a place recommended to me by Gad (who i was starting to trust less and less)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
As it turned out, this was the place of Miss Mimi Landgrabb, who having heard of my arrival was awaiting me at the door.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I swiflty checked the list of things to do for the day; better to get an early start no?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Well, Mimi did seem quite cool, and we were now living together. What harm could there be? As it tunred out, i was needed straight away: her coffee machine was broken. So, i gave it my best shot...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
...until Gad decided i should read up on the subject first
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
So there we go. Also began the arduous commute to work each morning. The bus was ok, but far too crowded
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
After a few days things were starting to look up. The week started with the news I had been promoted!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
With the extra cash in hand, I decided to trade in my old scooter; poor thing was definitely past its peak. So, i took it along to the local dealers, and was amazed with what they gave me!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Travelling in style these days! Things were good with Mimi as well. She was very much the creative and arty type, and even sold some of her works locally, which helped pay the bills
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Socially we got on like a virtual house on fire! As well as the dinnertime interaction
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
there was alwas time for a little bit of relaxation
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
and a little boogying! (Picard song, naturlich)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

However, something didn't seem right. Mimi was fun and all, but was invariably out a lot of the time. The long hours spent with her out of the house ate away at me for some reason I coulnd't fathom; seeing her brightened my virtual day, and even the constant oppression of Gad couldnt get me down. One evening, a full week after the incident at the disco, I took Mimi aside into the living room, and poured out all my feelings for her. Real or not, she was a wonderful person who I never wanted to lose, no matter what. She just sat there for a second, taking it in, until she replied in kind...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
..and we shared our very first kiss!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

ut then, I could feel an all too familiar light flaring in my eyes, and even as i looked at her Mimi seemed to melt away.. and then...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I was back in my room.

It was a wierd and wonderful experience I had under the control of Gad, but I am very glad to be free. Until I look back at my TV, and think of Mimi, wondering where she is, whether she's ok. She'd probably be at the club right now with all her friends, or arguing with her dad about the rent. Does she ever think of me? Or was I the only one in that world who could think? Wherever she is...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
...I miss her...

6 comments:

Chris said...

Well that's decided it then, you are actually crazy in the coconut, a fruit cake, nuts to the highest extreme, well and truely Bonkers.

Dauve said...

You as a shopping mall clown? Now that's something I'd pay good money to see.

titch said...

I feel sorry for Mimi. How will we ever know what happened to her? Or why you suddenly became part of the game? Will we ever find out who is Gad? This tale is brilliant. It should be made into a novel...or something similar. Not a broadway production -of course it has the makings of one but- the green spinny thing would be very hard to duplicate. Hmm...I'm going to go off and wonder about this now.

Dan said...

You know you look awfully like Plumbius in the Game.

Anyway, a great post.

Jon said...

Nice foam gloves.

Catchpole said...

Finally i have found someone who can get lost in a virtual world, fall in love and feel like you living it not playing it.

i thought it was just me obviousely it isnt.