November 14, 2005

Announcement

And now, a word form my girlfriend. I accept no responsibility for what she wrote, and as such I have turned off comments. Dont really want them. More me written fun tomorrow.


EXCITING NEWS!


After many months of plotting and subterfuge, Date My Sister Project 4 has finally come to fruition! Over the past few months, Richard and I (although mainly me) have done our utmost to bring these two young lovebirds together, and now that they finally are, we can reveal how we brought about the conception of this wonderful relationship. As soon as I met Richard Lewis, it was clear to me that his heart was pining for someone. Someone who understood him, someone who would find his jokes funny, and his pedanticism endearing. It quickly became clear to me that this person was, in fact, my sister. Shortly after I announced the beginning of DMSP4, I introduced the two of them online, on the pretense that "Helen needed experience in talking to boys". They hit it off straight away, and by the time of their first meeting at the BlogBQ, which I must now admit was not entirely set up for the noble cause of introducing all bloggers to each other, but was, in fact, a tool by which I could bring these two together they had become good friends. All went well at the BlogBQ, Helen gave Richard Lewis some tomato ketchup and sugar and they played Mao sitting next to each other. Already the romance was starting to blossom This continued at the BlogBQ Mark 2, when Richard, unable to bear being separated from his beloved Helen for one moment longer, rushed out of the BlogBQ to find her and bring her to it. As this photo demonstrates, the love between them was almost visible. The next weekend, I could tell they wanted to see each other again, but were too shy to say anything so I arranged a "party" to which, unbeknownst to them, they were the only ones invited Richard and I turned up a little way into the "party" and watched Plan 9 from Outer Space with them, whilst they snuggled up on the other sofa. DMSP4 was progressing beautifully! By now, they were arranging meetings under their own steam. The following weekend they went to a debating competition together. The next weekend, after Richard had slighted our family, Helen and I turned up at Richard's house and planted a horse's head on his pillow; the chemistry between them was palpable. Then came Richard's birthday party (which I encouraged him to have), to which, obviously, he invited Helen At this point, the developing couple became even more independant. I had gone off to Oxford, leaving them to their own devices, and they started seeing each other in secret, even concealing it from me! They started going out officially the next weekend, after going to see Wyrd Sisters together; then went on a series of dates over the next few weekends They finally ended their deception this weekend at the Bloggers Banquet, and I am now happy to present to the world... Helen and Richard! Finally, a statement from the happy couple:

"The duplicity and secrecy were fun, but we were running out of alibis. We thank Sarah for bringing us together, and apologise to her for our lies when prsented with her good intentions. We are very happy."