April 27, 2005

Thespianised Lesbianism

Ok, there isn't any lesbianism until Thursday and Friday, but the pun is there, so digest at your whim and mercy.

So last night was the first public performance of the Grimm Tales, and only the third time we'd used the stage, so that was all fun. Seemed to go well, only a few hiccups which should hopefully be sorted out for the examiner tonight. And if not, ah well there are only a few people who'll care... like the 100 strong audience...feck. I shall leave my camera in the capable employ of my mother so that she may take lots of obscure and hopefully not-so-blurry photos for your enjoyment. Dave threatened to bring his, so that may yet have to be seen. Hopefully he'll blog tonight, should give me summat to read after a spot o' acting.

What else have I been up to then? Yes, despite drama not being a proper subject, I have spent a lot of time with it, hence the lack of blog posts, but fear not, here I endeavour to write 'til your retina's are burnt from the light of the moniters and my words are all you crave to read. Let the show begin!

I was on my way ome from rehearsal yesterday, intent on getting some food and a shower before the performance. I had bought the tickets, yet saved an unxpected 6 pounds when Miss told me I didn't have to pay for myself. HAA! With this remaining 6 pounds I went into Sainsbury's and bought myself the latest issue of my Playstation 2 magazine. The image of Darth Vader on the cover was more than enough to entice me into buying, though there were other incentives which I shall come onto later. So, I go up to the incorrectly signed 'Five Items Or Less' tills, with my four items. *BEEP* my sandwich is scanned. *BEEP* the hula hoops are scanned. *BEEP* the Fanta Nectar is scanned. *BEEP*...

Irritating Old Wench Assistant: "Are you 16?"
Me: "...wha?"

Apparantly I needed to be 16 to buy the mag. After 5 rather irritating inutes I was finaly allowed outta there, but I laughed. Fun Fun Fun and all that.

So what was that added incentive for buying the magazine? That would be this little baby. Oh yeh, you read that right. Lego Star Wars! And damn does that game kick some serious ass! the fun of Lego and the ass kickingness of Star Wars combined into one little PS2 powered package. Many hours were spent switching the second character to Jar Jar and hacking his limbs off with a Lego powered Lightsaber, watching him finally cascade into a shower of bricks. MWAHHAHA. Though, what sold this came as a classic for me was at the start in The Phantom Menace. Use Force Power on the chairs in the conference room and they start dancing to the Mos Eisley Cantina music.

OMFG!

Well that was fun. Need to go and eat, shower rehearse and perform, so later!

EDIT: Sarah came, which was nice

3 comments:

Dauve said...

Must... play... lego... star wars!!!

Many w00ts fur dich on the drama thing. [Waste of a subject... :D]

Jon said...

Lego star wars? What's next?

Lewis said...

Woo! Drama! You rocked! I take back anything derogatory I may have said about Drama. Ever. Not a waste of a subject.