March 01, 2005

A truly wonderful day... and a farewell

And so the time has come again at last my dear bloggin friends, where i must again bid you a fond toodleoo. Those of you who have just come out from under your rocks and learned how to use a computater within a few days will obviously not know that I was going anywhere. (I assume that you aren't using Linux machines at least. How are those iMacs working?) In 3 hours and 5 minutes at time of writing, teh 'chard will be leaving the house bound for the mystical portal of the learning establishment, whereupon i will be transported to the Realm of the Clichéd Rom-Com ending scene, and airport. From there, the Big Apple is but 5 joy filled hours away!

INTERESTING FACT 1 : To write bloggin' on a phone in predictive text mode, you almost spell 'almighty'. Bloggin' truly is a gift from the heavens it seems.

Today was actually a REALLY good day. A free first lesson was spent in the Library in the company of Scott, Matt and Chris (and later Chloe) finishing off my drama coursework. This was of course all good fun, and was followed by another riveting Film Studies lesson, spent talking about the Aston Martin DB5 (calm down Oakner), and how it, like James Bond himself, ejaculates bullets, and shits smoke and oil while all the while being immensely large. Breaktime left little to boredom, with much fun being had arguing with nonnesuch about my generosity when it came to Hula Hoops (I DID GIVE YOU ONE!!!).

INTERESTING FACT 2 : Most bands you listen to are much older than you thought. I heard of Nightwish a year ago. When did they form? 1996...


Then Drama, a lesson that always is full of wondrous mirth and hilarity. Today we talked of our scripted performances. Eventually 3 plays were decided upon:

1. More Grimm Tales

Nick, Danielle, Doug and TEH UBER 'CHARDINATOR OF LORE!

A lovely piece of drama this. Little tales of the Grimm brothers, which are rather grim in themselves. Snow White, Little Red Riding Hood, Rumpelstiltsken and some really FUCKED UP version of Hansel and Gretel, that end with Hansel throwing eyes at a tied up Gretel in the barn and their divorce. Spring Awakening all over again!

2. The Breakfast Club

Claire, Mahreen, Jack, Sean

Adapted from a film no less, so this one should be interesting. 6 people of different social classes all are put into detention with each other. Hating eah other ot begin with, they all walk out as friends and/or couples at the end (except the nerd of course, who just spends the time beating himself under the table apparantly)

3. Alice in Wonderland

Sydney, Natalie, Alex B, Alex M, Rich, Becky

What needs to be said? A tale about a child called Alice and her adventures in a foreign land, with muchos paedophilic subtext. Should be a good one we at S'C reckon.

Then Meeja studies, which had a lovely debate where the harsh, interragotive judges berated us over the uses of the internet. I actually managed to get one of them to fold and admit I had a good point, so NYAAH! Teh debat0rz rocks!

Then home, where I went on MSN, bought a magazine, played Metal Gear Solid 3, went to sleep, woke up, ate some Lasagne. However, i must backtrack to Lunchtime at school at this point, to give you a tale of wonder, excitement, and a year 7 reacting in the funniest way imaginable...


INTERESTING FACT 3 : No matter how italicised I make these, they will not be as interesting as they look


Prefect duty. The very words drive fear into the hearts of many. The insanity of the lower years, their persistance not to listen to authority... the kids bigger than you...

AHEM, sorry, flashback there. Our Atkins centre duty was presided by me and Dareus, with Doug, Troy and Sousday as backing singers. Doug was actually the only one really doing anything, teasing the yr7's into believeing they could come in, turning (faux) violent, having ot be held back by the me, and generally causing enforcements.

After a while, i went to check some of the other rooms, and to my dismay found 6 year 7's in one of the rooms, sitting on the desks, chatting, playing cards, smoking, sodomy. You know, what Year 7's do. And now, only a transcript will do to convey the true epic scale of the drama (like the montage in Team America. Gotta speed up time? Then use a montaaaaaaaage!!!)

Int. Day. Our intrepid, badass and generally l337 hero peers through the door of a room. He can vaguely make out 6 11 year olds, talking animatedly to each other. His heart rate quickens, his fists clench. He dares not enter without backup. With a final glance, he returns stealthily to his comrades.

Teh L337 'chard : Dareus, can you give me a hand with some Year 7's here?

Dareus : "Pfft, no, you do it"

Teh L337 'chard : "Damn it man! This is a matter of prefectural security! The Classroom Block is at stake here!"

Dareus : "You just don't get it do you? There's nothing we can do. I've had it to here with you Agent 'chard. You've crossed the line too many times for my liking. You're off this team. I can't let you be a danger to yourself and others!"

(as you can see, Im paraphrasing things like 24, CSI and other things like that)

Doug : "You can't do that! 'chard's the best that happened to this force!"

Dareus : "Then you help him out. I'm giving you 24 hours to get me results. Don't fail me again, renegade..."

Ominous music. Doug and Teh L337 'chard glance at each other, and head through the door. At this point, reality kicks in, and the playwrite tells it like it was from here on.

Doug : "Oh yeh, i see them..."

Doug wrenches open the door. At the sound, 4 of the Yr7's scatter. 'chard watches them past the window.

Doug : "Scared you did I?"

The two remaining yr7's stay still, watching doug with fear and trepidation. Doug claps his hands and advances

Doug : "Oh you are in trouble now!"

Yr7 1 : *Screams. Very loudly. VERY VERY suddenly*.

INTERESTING FACT 3 : He actually did scream. I was laughing for so long it started to physically become difficult to draw breath.

And that was my day. It finished with a good little audition for the derivitive story for My Fair Lady, Pygmalion. Would look good to have that on me CV.

INTERESTING FACT 4 : Holy heck I am KNACKERED. Got to be in school in 1 hour 50...


-

And that is it until Sunday, when I shall of course be regaling you with a Heeeyuge post about NY, complete with a lorra lorra pictures and prospectively a video diary.

I aim to turn the whole thing into a West End musical by 2006.

INTERESTING FACT 5 : I did give Nonnesuch a hula hoop!!!

There are only 8 books left in the 'chard Challenge of Reading!

LOTR (all three)
Gormenghast
Titus Alone
Lirael
Abhorsen

I could add another 12 books to that, with the Left Behind series, all 12 of which took me 2 months last time. I'll see how it goes.

See you on Sunday people!

Playing: Metal Gear Solid 3
Reading: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix/ Pygmalion
Listening to: 'Dark Chest of Wonders' - Nightwish
Watching: Office hilarity, courtesy of Wendy
Annoyed with: Packing.
Confused about: Have I forgotten anything?
Mood: Tired, but seriously psyched
Song currently stuck in head: That maypole song from 'The Wicker Man'
Favourite Song of the Minute: All of Linkin' Park's Meteora Album

8 comments:

Louis said...

Ah yes, these are happy da...well, nights. Incredible to think in one and a half hours we will be at school waiting to go to New Yorrrrrk. Best get packed.

Dauve said...

*sob*

I want to go to New York... :'(

Dan said...

I think four times is enough :D

Stijn said...

Are you still on NationStates? I'm there with the same name. Nice to meet you. :)

JAJ said...

Why was the thrilling time spent in my wonderful company not mentioned in that blog?? How sad :(
Hope you're having fun!

Lewis said...

"much fun being had arguing with nonnesuch about my generosity when it came to Hula Hoops (I DID GIVE YOU ONE!!!)"
NO, YOU DIDN'T!! I will swear it until I'm blue in the face, but you didn't! I want my Hula Hoop!!

Jon said...

We better get plenty of photos of you slacking off. :)

Ell said...

Dude, I'm now getting seriously worried! You haven't blogged for 11 days! Either the whole blog thing has gone out of fasion, or this New York post is gona be the biggest EVER. Heh, I'm expecting the latter.
Ellx