March 26, 2005

A Lou Reed sorta day

Obscure reference in the title really.

Today has been just that though, a perfect day. For me that is, not you lot, 'cos i now you're all hoping for the NY post. Gimme a break on that one, I'm struggling to keep up with Ctrl+Alt+Del at the moment, let alone blog. And now I have to time to blog, I want it to be something new for yous lot, rather than a reiteration of everything Deutsches posted with different pictures.

So, yes today then. Well, it all started at 12 midnight, as most days do. Through some rather bizarre chance happenings I had ended up at the realm of that most l337 of Legends, Nick Staines. And now, with a new day just beginning, I could reflect that I had learned a few new things in the previous day. A list I hear you cry?

- I had nicer breasts than our only female companion
- As such, I was a better female than her overall, though without the genitalia, which she still pointed out was kinda a requisite for male/female.
- As a result, most of the male company actually preferred me as a sexual partner than said female.
- And I learned never to down cheap cider if you're still sentimentally attached to your sense of balance. Which I have since learned to appreciate more.

So Good Friday ended on a high note I'm sure you'll agree. That or you're backing away in slight horror and going to Dave's blog. Which I admit does have better pictures. So, I left with Dave and everyone else at 1, and got halfway home before I realised that, like the idiotic muppet I am, I had left my keys on the carpet by the stereo. So, me and Dave retraced our steps to the Staines Domains, where I espied said keys on the floor, and rang the doorbell, in the hope of being able to retrieve them.

His sister opened the door (with the chain on) and gave me the sort of look that suggested an inner monologue that might have been contemplating how best she could defend herself if I were to randomly run at her and attack. In fact I wouldn't have been surprised if she had a kitchen knife hidden from view. I can't say I blame her though; knowing the effect I seem to have on women it was lucky she didn't try and kill me there and then. Still, with only minimal hostility (despite uber 'chard levels of politeness) I got my keys back and walked home, eventually walking in the door at 2. After a quick few gallons of water I slept

-

At 10 I awoke to find that I could remember enough to write a blog post, and got up and dressed. A quick walk down the road provided me with 2 brand spanking new XV8 Crisis Battlesuits, which should start to cause a little pwnage I hope.

So, a brief recourse for lunch and a VERY long comment on Dan's blog later, I bade farewell to the rest of the family as they toodlepipped off to a weddin'. After a brief bout of boredom I decided to go for a walk, just to enjoy the day, and the 2 weeks of freedom ahead of me. I saw 2 people I knew, although one of them was printed on an advertisment for a photography studio, so she was less talkative. Seeing people you know is good, it makes community spirit seem almost existant

"Community is giving your neighbour your house key and trusting them not to steal anything."

A few things down the road brought a smile to my face, which is always a good thing on a saturday afternoon.

First thing: On the WHSmiths CD chart sales, More Of The Greatest Worship Songs 3 CD boxset was at number 10. The OST to Bridget Jones was 16.

Second Thing: The toy shop has taken on several new members of staff and 1 whale

Third thing : Devil May Cry 3 was on the shelf for 27.99. STEAL!

So that was that. After a massive internal struggle I went for Brothers in Arms, and not DMC3, and it's not bad. Similar to Call of Duty.

So that was today... Very Lou Reed. OH, nd the new Dr Who is on in about 3 minutes, so toodle pip. Laugh mode on standby, and expect a review. Lets hope the humour is as great as this

Later peeps!

4 comments:

Jon said...

That Chavus El Bealzebub picture has given you a bad image, it seems.

Dauve said...

Oooh, another par-tay eh? You do get out a lot.

Chard said...

Innit.

Though my social escapades weren't the point of the post...

Chard said...

Shouldn't that be for the West Country?