January 21, 2005

And now for something completely different

Cue 'Liberty Bells'.

Yes, today i am actually going to do a blog post... about my day! A journal that actually is used for decribing ones activity, that I may look back when i am an OAP and Godzilla spends his time battling Oracle Smith and remind myself of my mispent youth.

First off, a slight warning. You may have heard of that false prophet known only as 'The Juggle King'. Self proclaimed monarch, or misguided fool? I can show you the true l337 one of the juggle world:

The Juggle Diety!

What's that? You doubt my power? Then observe...as I make the ball in my hand.. LEVITATE!!!

Oh the risibility.

-

I woke today, as usual with my alarm clocks beeping at me incessantly. After dragging myself from my Mausoleum of Pain (at least for material items...) I walked to school, and got mesel' registered. With that done, i went home again! Fun no? I stopped off at Wendy's on the way for a Ribena and a chat (there you go Louis, I'll do the chicken shop, you do a caff!) and entered my domicile.

I hung around for a while, then at 10 30, showered and vaguely clean, i set off again, but with 2 new items on my person:
  1. Geoffrey Chaucer's 'The Miller's Tale'
  2. My digital camera (expect photos later!)
I went immediately to English, only to find that Rob wasn't there. He'll turn up later in the post. I sat, and waited. Eventually Mr Jones entered, and set us a translation exercise. We had to work out what the Miller was like from the General Prologue's description of the Miller. This was no easy feat however. See if you can spot why we might have had difficulty.
NB: All spellings are as printed in the book. No complaints!

The Portrait of the Miller

From The General Prologue, Lines 547-68

The Millere was a stout carl for the nones ;
Ful big he was of brawn, and eek of bones.
the proved wel, for over al ther he cam,
At wrastlinge he wolde have alwey the ram.
He was short-soldred, brood, a thikke knarre ;
ther was no dore that he nolde heve of haree,
Or breke it at a renning with his heed.
His berd as any sowe or fox was reed,
And therto brood, as though it were a spade.
Upon the cop right of his nose he hade
A werte, and theron stood a toft of heris,
Reed as the brustles of a sowis eris ;
His nosethirles blake were and wide.
A swerd and bokeler bar he by his side.
His mouth as greet was as a greet forneys.
He was a janglere and a goliardeys,
And that was moost of sinne and harlotries.
Wel koude he stelen corn and tollen thries ;
And yet he hadde a thombe of golde, pardee.
A whit cote and a blew hood wered he.
A baggepipe wel koude he blowe and sowne,
And therwithal he broghte us out of towne.

After painstaking translation, the general idea is that the Miller is the medieval equivalent of this chap

The exercise was not helped by the fact i had a great view out of the door's window at the board of Mr. Hughes' lesson, where they got to watch Return of the King, the lucky beggars!

So, that lesson ended, and in the hall I met Nick and Rob, the latter of whom I berated severely for his lack of presence during English. We then went up to the woods by the hockey pitches, that is Tom, Nick, Rob, some guy i know not and I. There, we found not only a delapidated old bath, but also a terribly damaged N64! In WEMas as well... Nick, Tom and Rob then engaged in several non-legal activities involving trees (Though none of them are active hippies) of which i took several film clips.

We headed back, and had some lunch, were i was joined by Rob Dave Andrew and Jon. We went out past the music block only to hear the rather loud sound of rotors overhead. After looking around, we found the culprit. A hum turned to a roar when the pilot had the stupendous idea of landing.

Why, oh why, did anyone think it was a t'riffic idea to land a £4 million dollar RAF Chinook helicopter onto the sports field of a public school in the middle of Beckenham, during lunchtime?

Good idea or not, that's what the fool did. Still, it made a change i suppose.

THen i made a realisation as the crew disembarked. Those militants I fought in the Glades had had enough time to regroup, and it was indeed them! However, they were all put down by superbly placed snipers and the Chinook, whilst attempting to escape was destroyed by a stray coke can that entered the air intakes. Ah well.

Still, there was much cheering as the real star attraction arrived!

And that was my day! It still has 9 hours remaining of it, which i will no doubt spend doing something.

Aloha
'chard Chicken

Playing: EyeToy: Play 2
Reading: Sabriel
Listening to: 'Wishmaster' - Nightwish
Watching: Collateral
Annoyed with: Not much
Confused about: Chinooks and sports fields
Mood: Happy!
Song currently stuck in head: 'Followed the Waves' - Melissa Auf Der Maur
Favourite Song of the Minute: 'Followed the Waves' - Melissa Auf Der Maur

8 comments:

Dauve said...

Pft, you dare to doubt my power... LOWLY MORTAL?!

Anyway, that second helicopter sure made the day worth-while eh?

Chard said...

Oh that it did dave that it did.

And stompp, i AM reading Sabriel! I finished The Princess Diaries!

Chard said...

Never heard of the dollarpound?

Chard said...

Never heard of the dollarpound?

Jon said...

I actually heard some year 11s talking about protesting. Protesting against what?!!? The Air Training Corps?!!? Idiots.

Dauve said...

Actually, we briefly taked to Tom Costello, who didn't seem to pleased with the whole event. Something about encouraging kids to like guns and weapons.

Dan said...

Actually, the helicopter is worth £15 million Dollars.

Rather a lot, eh?

Jon said...

£15 million Dollars????

Pounds or Dollars Dan?