August 22, 2004

Hello all you people that read my blog, and I apologise for the lack of posts for the last long time.

So what has been going on with the me? Well, SITC took up a week, tyhough most of it was spent with me in some amount of agony due to tonsillitis (ironically I have a sore throat at the moment) but was all well and fun. Then I was home for a week, were every day I woke at 9.30 just so I could talk to Sarah in Spain (and on one occasion blog for her), then spending the rest of my day whiling away the hours in a rather dull and pointless ways (like blogging about KitKats). Then, I went to Stompps on the Friday, then I went to Trafalgar Square on Saturday (for some details of this, and to read of her plight with a fat woman, read JAJ’s latest post). Then I went away, of to sunny Shapton Mullet (Shepton Mallet) for 2 weeks! Whee!

New Wine

They say wine gets better with age, so I don’t know why they say this is New Wine when it is in fact a really great week. So, about 8 families from our church and some youth gathered on the high ground of Blue 11, only to be told that apparently there was a hurricane warning for that day. I whacked in a few more tent pegs, just to be sure and let the week commence.

Day 1

I awoke at 7.15, a mild itching in my right ear. I put on my Gems shirt (since I would be working in Gems for the week. That’s the little people, 0-2’s) and set off with the youth to Gems for the morning. After 2 hours of standing at a gate in the relative cold, I was rather fed up. So, the morning work over, I went back to camp and spent the rest of the day talking to the youth.

Day 2

Had no sleep for this one. My ear was in so much pain by now that sleep was an impossibility. I went wit mum to the medical centre, where I was given Paracetamol to take. I skipped Gems on this day, resting my little ears by reading a book instead. Good book too.

Day 3

Had a good one here. Woke up at 4.30 in the morning with the horrid taste of blood in the back of my throat, which was not particularly pleasant. I left my tent to find some water to wash my mouth out with, only to meet one of our youth coming back to our tent, having been out with some girl all night. 4.30!!! Bradshaw you flirt! So, blood clotting at the back of my throat was not pleasant, so I washed it out best as I could, and then walked around the campsite for 3 hours until my parents woke up. Not all bad, I got to see this view of the dawn :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/Valmar/DSCF0572.jpg

Day off today! Went to Taunton to buy things, came home with a brand new box of Paracetamol! Oh how proud I was! Came home to find the communal group BBQ in progress, and got to meet this lass young Bradshaw was out with until the wee hours with :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/Valmar/DSCF0577.jpg

Christabel. What a name!!!

Day 4

Woke up. Gems. Lunch. Talking. Dinner. Talking. Sleep.

Day 5

As above, until I get a phone call from Sarah. Then my battery went, so I tried again. Then my battery went again. Then I stole my mums phone. Then we broke up (relationship, not the phone line; that was rather good quality). Slept.

Changeover Day

Woke up, packed up my tent, moved along to Green 5. Chatted with remaining youth, until about 2.30 (ish) when I went to have a shower. Left shower and returned to camp, to find 4 people talking to my mother. 3 of which I’m rather happy to see, one whom I was both very happy and very pissed off at seeing. My ex!!

Soul Survivor (Yes, I know that should be ‘Survivour’)

Day 1

Helped my EX and her sister and friend move their tents to Red 4, whilst waiting for the rest o’ the youth to get to the site. They came. Talked. Slept.

Rest of the week:

Woke up, went to have breakfast, talked, went to a seminar on singleness on one of the mornings, went to meeting in the morning, came back, had lunch, talked, had dinner, went to evening meeting, talked/went places.

A bit more detail:

Ok, well there was about 40 of us in the place in total (well, our plot anyway, the whole campsite had about 11,000), a diverse bunch of nice, weird, Goth and the occasional few that if you’d met in the street you’d have avoided. We also had the flirtatious thief Sarah dropping in every now and then, stealing clothing, and even going as far as to buy me a hoodie (which I rather happen to like). Erm, what else…

Came home I suppose…

I suppose it was a lot more fun in person than it must sound here, but I liked it. And now for Thursday, and the GCSE results that accompany it!

Later lovely people.

Oooh, a few photies!

Andy (Necronz) in a pink t-shirt
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/Valmar/DSCF0545.jpg

Sarah, modelling some very nice glasses and a Gems shirt
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/Valmar/DSCF0632.jpg

Dan and the love of my life, Zoe
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/Valmar/DSCF0633.jpg

Me and Sarah on a primitive telephone system
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/Valmar/DSCF0653.jpg

The group
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/Valmar/DSCF0659.jpg

My favourite picture, Me, Sarah and Vicky
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/Valmar/SarahandDickyBod.jpg

Later people!
'chard

6 comments:

Dauve said...

What a fun time you must have had. More interesting than here anyway

Ell said...

Yay! Dickybod's back! Msn's interesting again! I'm commenting! I'm scared!
Well done Dickysplodge, for having a good time and posting again.
That is all.
Enjoy the rest of your holidays
Ellx

Jon said...

mallets eh?


...... you have an Ex?

Chard said...

Yes, i have an ex.

Lewis said...

Am I right in thinking there are two people (girls, even) called Sarah?

Chard said...

In fact there are millions!!!

However there were only two present at the time.