July 15, 2005

What a perfect evening...

It is 0045. I have had in my possession The Half-Blood Prince for 45 minutes. I am a happy, happy man.

It all began at 10. I met with Rob on the road that is west of the More land, and off we did pace toward our goal. Along the way, Rob became better associated with my robes of divine Sithness (courtesy of the sadly missed Sarah)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
We then met up with 2 of Rob's friends (or one of and her friend) who had names i cant remember, and we wandered around with all the drunk chavs for a while, waiting for the Glades to open. When open it finally did,we went and joined the scrum, waiting for midnight, and the start of legal HP6 sales. Ottakars, however, seem to have been involved in the proliferation of a certain card game...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Any hoo, midnight came with racuous cheers, and the 4 of us, plus Rachel and Tom finally got our hands on our prize... and the lord was happy...

And so, thanks to the wheels of the Rachel, I came home.

What struck m most about the journey was this: it was a night when nerds, in all their cosplay glory and chavs, in all their rowdy, drunken, vomity, voilent and abusive glory shared the streets. They walked with each other, the nerds discussing theories and mock duel outcomes, and the chavs recieving ASBOs and been rounded up by officers of the law.
True unity :)

I my friends.... BEAT YOU ALL!!!! MWAHAHAHAHA I R t3h L337!!!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Suck it n00bs!

5 comments:

Dauve said...

Maybe I'll buy myself a copy of it this weekend.

Chard said...

Do. I've finished it. It owns :)

Jon said...

Has your camera's colour function broken or something?

Lewis said...

Damn you!! *Shakes fist* Ah well, 250 pages in 3 hours isn't bad. I might be finished by tomorrow if I do without sleep.

Chard said...

On my second read through.

Jon, no but my battery was low so i didnt want to waste time.