October 03, 2006

UCAS, UFOOL!

Today's been an odd one really. Woke up at 1145, and lay in bed for about 42 seconds, only to have to answer the phon to my moirther who was checking that I was indeed out of bed (oops). After a hasty get up and go I came down here and decided to try and be useful while waiting for the gasman who didnt come yesterday cos i was asleep when he called (also oops). So, in my vague attempts at being useful I decided to go onto UCAS and continue sorting out this whole 'uni' thing that people seem to be so into these days. Call it a bandwagon if you like (haven't had one of those for a while). Not doing too bad to be honest, I'm almost at the same stage this time as I was when i abandoned the sceme last time. So all I got to do is do my courses bit, adapt me Personal Statement and get a reference from some poor spointnet. I did all that last sentence touch typed! And that! and THis!! Wow, im really getting the hang of this. Though it does go downhill the moment my confidence goes. Much like my driving. Ok that was a rather unessecary tangent.

Anyway, while I was doing that jazzy qualifications bit (and was able to, with some serious smuggery, put down a C for Maths) I realised that I couldn't actuially remember what the hell I'd actually got for the rest of my GCSE's, so thanking my lucky stars, I sifted through the ol' blog to the relevant page. And was quite a memory refresher! I'd forgotten that at one point I actually used to do german...

But anyway, I took the opportunity to go through some old blogposts, and oh my god the differences were immense:
  1. I couldn't write to save shit
  2. I was SICKENINGLY arrogant
  3. I was SICKENINGLY happy
  4. God my puns are bad!
To be fair, I'm sure when I look at this in years to come I'll think exactly the same (except no3 will be "I was SICKENINGLY emo...") so to my future self: You stink! hehehehhe

Hm, this post isn't so long. Rambling time!

What's been going on with me then? Most of my tuesday/thursday evenings have been spent locked in the green room of Theatre 62 rehearsing what is possibly the most GOD AWFUL script i have ever seen i my LIFE. I mean, it's a play that actually has no idea what it wants or what its trying to do or even what words are. It's essentially and loosely meant to be a panto right? It has about 2 things in it that makes it a panto, cross-dressing and 'dames'. Oh no wait that's the same thing. Ok, 1 thing. It has no jokes (most of the ones you might find even slightly amusing were added by the cast/crew, no kidding), it has a shit plot (Cinderella goes on a pointless journey with no ending) and SINGING OH GOD IT HAS SINGING!!!

But my real nark with it it actually slightly more technical than simple off-slaggery. Theatre productions need one thing and one thing only; an audience. Cos if they ain't paying, the actors aren't doing their job. Problem is, this play has NO idea what it's audience is, should be or can be.
  • Theatre 62's members are over the age of 30
Simple point but shockingly true. In fact the average age of the punters is above the national life expectancy. So, why on earth does this stupid theatre company insist on putting on shows so obviously for kids that won't show up? Even thier grandkids wont come unless their below the age of 8, becuase they have NO interest in theatre after that (even before, when they can't really object)
  • This play is NOT for kids
Glossing over the above point with impunity, I have to say this play is disgusting. The first page has the fairy godmother in her underwear! NOt to mention constant SERIOUS (not even lightly disguised) sexual references. It's just not for kids!
  • Audiences are fickle
By which I mean they enjoy decent plays...

Anyway, so yeh. Luckily these week is the week of the performances for A Doll's House (i'm not going, they didn't want me in the cast then they won't want me in the audience...) so as a quincyquonsce there are no rehearsals. Though Eve has been evil and demanded that when we reconvene we're scripts-down (means we have to know the whole thing). Ah well.

What else in the news of the 'chard? Today I recieved a nice shiny papery chequebook! I'm in there man! Now i just need ot make sure I never ever use it. I don't trust myself .Unfortunately i'm still waiting for the accompanying card, so i still can't actually buy anything. Need it before Dan sods off!

Ah, (Sic) by slipknot. I'd forgotten how good this song is...

Also, I have spent most of yesterday and today in cleaning up the house. Well, mostly yesterday, today I just did my laundry. Checking the window every three seconds to make sure my clothes havent blown away or that its raining thus stoipping the much needed drying process. Also, with the boiler not working we have no hot water. I haven't had a shower in 4 days!!! And it won't even be fixed until tomorrow! ARG!!!

Muse soon muse soon muse soon...

Better go really. Lunch is a cooking, and I'm deterrmined to at least get THAT right. Hope you're all having fun at uni/whatnots. Missing you all terribly! Especially helen, who is missed to the point of depression

(oh i'm on Facebook now, so you know, bust some mad props or whatever)


Auf Wiedersehen!
'chard

Playing: Final Fantasy V
Reading: 84, Charing Cross Road
Listening to: 'High' - Feeder
Annoyed with: Lots of things
Mood: Really wanna get violently drunk
Song currently stuck in head: Erm. To Zanarkand
Favourite Song of the Minute: 'Eisbrecher' - Eisbrecher

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

Yay for Ucas! For theatrey stuff, have you ahd a look at the South London Theatre? They're always on the look out for new members, but I don't know how easily you could get there.

CJM said...

Yes, you're puns are indeed poor.

Chard said...

I agree, my are puns are poor. Hang on...

CJM said...

My brain doesn't work properly, surely you know this by now?

*goes off and beats head with stick for bloody stupid mistake*

ucas said...

just linked this article on my facebook account. it’s a very interesting article for all...



ucas