April 19, 2004

Before I start this blog,(#46 I believe) that willl document the weekends happenings and will chronicle today's return to the public schooling system, some light poetry!

Ode To A Snail

Oh snail, you slither slow,
Your position on the ground is low,
You have a spiral shell,
Bet it weighs a pound,
Must be hell...

Your slimey trail,
Is that of a snail,
You are no slug,
And crap to hug,
You get killed in hail...

But I love you snail!
And of this message,
I am a sincere sender,
'cos noone else loves you,
But me and In'Quenenda!

Wow, ten minutes of my life truly wasted...

I just came across this pot on the PS2 forums:

WAIT!! I NEED A FEW SEXS WHILE I CHECK OUT THIS TREE ORGASM!!! IT HAS A SNAIL ON IT!! LOOK AT ITS TESTICLES!!!

Well that was fun.
The weekend held some fun for me. After a lunch consisting of sausages in rolls (almost a delicacy for a saturday lunchtime really...) I endured the 2 hour drive to Southhampton amidst the heady rush of the M3 and I-spy. eventually we reached the southhampton docks. A short bit of driving later we were parked in the carpark of dock ten, in front of the Doulos (Two years younger than the Titanic. Less huge, more afloat.) a very nice ship. After a day of walking around the boat and talking to people, we then ate the staple Doulos food. Then, we got off the ship, and rejoined the Southhampton landlubbers (avast ye!) and walked for about 20 minutes to the Southhampton central hall, where a musical concert was to take place, headed up by a band known as 'The Tribe' (they where known as the World Wide Message Tribe once, but that was when they were good. With the loss of talent came the loss of name.) However, i ddi shake hands with two of the band members (very nice people) and managed to walk away with a few books under my arm when i left.

Ooh, email from dating life. The fun of Spam...

Anyway, amongst these books was one called Left Behind. A book that my parents had previously read (dad's currently on #12 in the series) and that i had no interest in managed to hook me. Essentially the plot begins with the Rapture (For those of you eithout any knowledge of what this entails, it's essentially Jesus Christ taking all of his people to heaven at once, heralding seven years of trials and tribulation before his return) and it follows and airlines pilot and his daughter, a journalist and a priest as they attempt to find out what's been going on.

a ripping yarn, even if the Religious themes would normally turn you away from it. I suggest that you give it a try if you can find it. It's very good.

AAAAaaaaaaanyway, I'd best fionish now, because it's already taken me 45 minutes to type this, what with the forum work and MSN stuff in the background.

Have fun
DickyBod

Playing: Final Fantasy VIII
Reading: Left Behind 2 - Tribulation Force
Listening to: Fight With Seymour (FFX) - The Black Mages
Watching: Rowan Atkinson Live
Annoyed with: German meant to be on A4
Confused about: Why i didn't get to sleep earlier than 5 in the morning
Mood: VERY BLOODY TIRED!!!!

No comments: