April 05, 2004

And so the Dickybod posts.

This may in fact be my last post. That's it. Final. Over. The blog will rot into dust, with only my memories to keep me happy. It isn't. I'm blogging for a long time to come, despite illness or collision with a heavy vehicle, through adversity, boredom and uninspiring chatter.

If you suddenly are gripped with fear that you may have to continue reading this for aeons (ironic, considering what I’m blogging about tomorrow ;D) then stop. [Grovel] Come back later, please don’t leave this blog; I need people like you to read it! Stop (Temporarily mind!!). OK, on with the post. [/Grovel]

Today was one of those days that i'm looking back on retrospectively and wondering whether I enjoyed it or not. My judgement may be clouded by the fact that I’m as tired as a thing that happens to be very tired, but you can judge whether it was a good day as you read. Then I'll make my own decision at the end, making all those plans you made for a scathing email unnecessary, thus waiting your time and creating more opportunity for that email. Anyway, I got up this morning at 9 o'clock. That’s unusual for me, since I usually sleep until well into the afternoon on a holiday (as this is). Anyway, after an uneventful train journey, we were standing on Lewisham station platform due to a navigational error by my mother, resulting in us being on the wrong train (silly moose that she is...) So, after hopping onto another one we arrive at Greenwich, and then a quick walk to the National Maritime Museum (our destination.) Then into the rather interesting Tintin at sea exhibition, which was, primarily, about Tintin when at sea. Anyway, after that, a quick cup of tea and a scone, which was very nice I’ll have you know. After that, a quick walk to Charing Cross to find lunch. Then after lunch, a trip into some art museum the name of which escapes me to see the Salvador Dali exhibit. Now, I usually hate walking around looking at art. I find it boring, uninteresting and totally irrelevant. But just walking through the first corridor of this exhibit had me fixed. All it had in this black corridor, lit by UV light, was pictures of the man himself, and quotes of his. My favourite being “Only in my moustache will I rival Nietzsche”. After that I was in the right frame of mind for all the art. I was transfixed. The mixture of surrealism with everyday knowledge and conventions is mind-boggling. What seemed to be the norm in all his work where the reoccurring images of the melting watch, ants, drawers and eggs, all of which symbolizing various outlook Dali had on the world around him, and the fragility of reality. If you get to go, I advise you do. It’s a fantastic exhibit, and well worth the trip.

So anyway, when we got home I played on FFX-2 for a bit and joined an RP that someone on the PS2 forums was advertising. I’ll let you know how I’m going on both of those later

Goodnight
Dickybod

Playing: FFX-2 (75% Chapter 5)
Listening to: May It Be - Enya
Watching: The Matrix Reloaded
Annoyed with: The Farplane
Confused about: The RP
Mood: Knackered. Happy :D

No comments: