March 29, 2004

WOO!

I have read my first review of my blog! Admittedly it’s more of a recommendation than a true review and it’s only a sentence long, but I feel proud to be the DickyBod! Here is the offending...praising sentence in all its unabridged form. You might want to have a fan ready to cool you down and/or a qualified team of medically trained persons on hand in case of overexcitement on your part.

Here we go:

I spent the evening chatting to some great friends online, (for example Dicky Bod, who's blog is a must for anyone looking for surrealism in hilarious literature)

WOO! Share in my reflected glory!

A hat off to Stompp for a superbly worded review, and the praise is welcome! Belated, but welcome nonetheless. One minor quibble; DickyBod, not Dicky Bod. No space, I have none to spare.

Now, in response to the list you made in your blog, I will post my thoughts on here, though I'll be exceptionally vague in order to generate interest in the original article (click the link to Stompp's Blog to read it! I get a royalty every time he gets a hit! *Hint*Hint*).

1) - Agreeing, though mine never makes my sandwiches anymore.

2) - Coffee kicks arse boy! Though this is the one who makes my tea and toast in the morning!

3) - If your own music is considered off the mainstream, then I love it! (PS, submit those weird tracks you were talking about!) Game and Film OST's are increasingly becoming my needs. (The Black Mages filling the void nicely...)

4) - I never see mine anyway, but I like him. Thank god he never reads this!

5) - Depends really. The Matrices were great, and TLOTR was the only trilogy I know where the quality ascended from film to film!

6) - PS2/PSP all the way! Though I'm rather weak in the area of Phasers. Especially if they work. Hee...Hee...Hee... >:D

7) - Evidently you've never met mine. You excluded of course, and 14+ are a right "hench" group of "doods", whom I would ultimately consider my "poss-ay"

8) - The five minutes you let me use it were five minutes of my life when I truly had no grip on reality; or your keyboard...

9) - How do you sleep wrong in the afternoon? I never get that problem. I usually wake up in the afternoons on weekdays anyway, so I'm not tired enough to sleep again until dusk!

10) - I've rediscovered the joy of FFX-2, and it really does kick arse if you put the effort in. I've just made sure the Ronso make a statue of Yuna in my honour in Chapter 5. Huzzah for me!

Right, now down to the rant:

TREVILLA

My mum has a work colleague, by name of Trevilla. I have reason to believe she is stalking me. Here is a transcript of a phone conversation we had a while back, to the best of my memory:

Me : "Hello"

Trevilla : "Hello Richard, It's Trevilla"

Me : "Oh, hello..."

Trevilla : "Your mum..." (for all you roodbois: OOOOH YOUR MUM!!!) "...has been showing me photos of you, when you was younger"

Me : "Oh...really?..." *scared by this point*

Trevilla : "Yeh, you look really cute"

Me : "Oh, thanks... I think..."

Trevilla : "Do you think you're cute Richard?"

And so on and so forth. This woman is either blind or out of her mind (since my mum will possibly show this to her tomorrow I add: HI!! Um...well..ah.. eh heh, hi Twevilla, no harm meant, just a little jape hehee...scared........scared.....I see dead people....) and must be shown the error of her ways. However, I can’t think of a good way right now, but Childline might wish to know I'll be phoning them soon.

PS : The above was sarcasm and cynism all the way... apologies for any offence.

Finally for this post I would like to recommend these two Matrix spoofs:


A Flash of the fight scene between Neo and Smith(s) starring Mario and Luigi

-and-


Another Parody, from the gloriously talented Rob DenBleyker of Stick Suicide. HILARIOUS!

Both are rather big file sizes, so give them a chance to load. The Mario is 4MB, so it will take a while.

Well, a long post, but I hope you enjoyed. Took me 45 minutes. Now to edit it, and iron out the niggles!

Thank you again Stompp
DickyBod

No comments: