March 07, 2004

OK, as you can see its 0031 in the morning, and i should like to take this oppertunity for anyone who was there last night to read my reasons as to why i was how i was. I address these points :

1) Lack of Alcohol Consumption
2) Lack of rythmic movement aka "Dancing"

1) As many of you noticed, I drank no liquid containing alcohol. There are many reasons for this. Possibly the most obvious to me is that alcohol is 1 thing and 1 thing only: A POISON. Damaging to the body in excess (no names here), though seemingly beneficial in moderation, i would rather not take the risk of digging myself an early grave just for the sake of enjoyment. The arguments that the short term effects are worth it, in comparison to the long run are exactly the same reason people do drugs, whatever class they may be in. I know the damage alcohol can do to a person, so, no thanks, give me some water instead. There is also a further danger to alcohol, one which is truly dangerous, one that is unforgivable : It makes people want to dance with me. Which leads on very nicely to point 2)

2) Dancing, i admit is something that is enjoyable, beneficially invigorating, full of movement, exercising, sociable and fun. All of the reasons above i have no problem with. However, i just cant do it. Not in sense of ability, but in sense of psychologically, i just won't. Its not helped when the people who asked me too were under the banner of point 1), and even less brilliant when its asked for during these songs:

"Dirrrty"
"Cotton Eye Joe"

Both songs are the most purile pieces of wierdness i have ever come across. I suppose i cant really make a justification, so, sorry Charlotte and Sarah, but hell thats just me.

I will however make the compromise : Next time, i shall dance, but i remain true to point 1).

G'night
DickyBod, tired, with a headache, lungs like a washboard
Kudos to Lou and family!

DickyB

No comments: