March 17, 2004

Confessions of an Ex-FF Fan

The last FF I truly played to completion without stopping was IX, but i forced myself to do that, because i wanted to complete it, having already got to Memoria months earlier. The last FF I played and enjoyed to completion voluntarily was X. I started playing IV aroung October, and i've got to Zeromus, but i can't muster the energy to get my posterier in gear and kill him (well, that might have something to do with the fact he kills me in about 2 rounds ).

Oh...my..god.. i've become a casual gamer! wow, thats a system shock. I remember when i got FFVII (19/6/99, 12:31pm, two hours before a dentist appointment) and i couldn't put it down. Now im playing my FF's out of a sense of obligation, just because its become habitual that i like FF's and i will play them. God, thats a truly depressing thought.

I think it has something to do with my growing social life. I had 5 CLOSE friends on the aforementioned date, now i have 30. DAMN YOU SOCIAL LIFE!!

Don't get me wrong, i love FF to bits, i was distraught when my memory card wiped my VII VIII and IX saves for no apparant reason, i am jealous of the fact my friend has a non platinum ver. of VII IN MINT CONDITION, heck, i cramped my finger doing Renzokuken and Lionheart 15 times against Ultima Weapon.

I dont know why i;ve lost my relationship with Final Fantasy. Hell, i dont know why im writing this post. All i know is i needed to be honest with myself and all those people in here who might know (or concieve) my pain.

Well, confessions over. Enjoy my sadness. By the way, if you can pick up a copy of Grandia II, i highly recommend it. Combat very similar to X-2's in fluidity. Ah well.

Adapted from my post on uk.playstation.com forum

No comments: