August 17, 2006

Results and general moaning

To gloss over the last month:

Poole -Awesome
Somerset - 1st week Awesome. 2nd week, acceptable.
Olli D's party - Fantastic. Bouncy castles still fun, and 2 pints still hilarious

Well thats that out the way.And now, for your amusement, my final A level grades:

English Literature: B (TAKE THAT JONES!)
Film Studies: B
Drama: C

-

I am currently sitting hereDrinking my way through the remaining bottles of Grolsch, so forgive my impetuousness as I say im slightly unhappy. Not hysterically so, but I ain't producing any corporeal Patronuses

IT runs something like this. Since everyone applied to Uni (and I didnt) I've known full well that eventually they would be going. Problem is, it didnt seem that long until it happened. It was months of "It's not until after the exams, it's not until after the exams". THen the exams came and went, and it became "It's not until after holiday". Then finally it was "We need our results first, results first, then Uni". Well, here is results day. I've spent the day talking with everyone about how well they did/ didnt do and whether they got in, when they're going etc. And its about a month to go, give or take until almost all the people I've spent the best and worst 2 years of my life go off to pastures new and leave me behind. And yeh, i know what reaction will be to that; "it's ok, we're only away half the year" or "We'll visit/you can visit" etc etc but truth is guys it dont work like that. I have enough older friends at uni to know that when they go the first thing thats done is new relationships are formed, and the old ones are forgotten. It's a question of proximity. Dan, you're a 10 minute walk away. York is 5 hours away. Helen, you;'re a 3 minute drive or 40 sih minute train journey. Cambridge is 2hourrs. there is no way we're gonna see each other as much as now. There is no way we're gonna be in as much contact. Life doensnt work like that. This is where we get ripped apart and left behind. It's how it works. And it's starting to piss me off. Urgh I dunno, thats life really isnt it...

Snakes on a plane tomorrow, should be good.

Playing: Emotional Games
Reading: Harry Potter
Listening to: 'Cold that you feel' - Verra Cruz
Annoyed with: Life
Mood: Drunkish
Song currently stuck in head: Nothing
Favourite Song of the Minute: 'I never told you what i Do for a living' - My Chemical Romance

5 comments:

Dauve said...

Life sucks eh?

Bah.

titch said...

I'll still be here. Little consolation but meh. Hugs!

HHM said...

My friend, what I will say may not help at all, and may seem incredibly saccharine, but I mean it. Yes, your friends are moving away. Hence, the role they play in your life will inevitably change. However, this does not devalue your friendship, nor does it take away the times you shared. They are still your friends, regardless of the temporal and spatial restrictions exerted by life circumstances. When you feel ready, you can use this oppurtunity to focus on yourself, and to really show the world what Richard is capable of. You have my support.

Dan said...

Unfortuantely you are right. I don't want to leave you Chard!

Louis said...

You've still got me :D