March 21, 2006

So endeth the MME

(I am not happy.)

And so, the MME's come to an end. BRAiNFREEZE were the starter, Lacuna Coil the main course, Dido and Aeneas were the moist towel and finger bowls, Comalies the after dinner mint, which left the car crash and internal haemorraging on the way home purely down to MME #5: Avenged Sevenfold.

And all of those metaphors are accurate. BRAiNFREEZE were the starter, since there was minimal moshing and only slight volume. Lacuna Coil were the main course, offering the volume, atmosphere and venue. Dido and Aeneas offered none of those (not being food) but was still a fun part of the cycle. Comalies was something enduring, with the initial sweetness leaving a lasting freshness, despite not being as filling as the real thing. And as for the haemorraging? Oh yeh baby!

At 6 of the clock, Dave Matt and I were assembled on the platform of West Wickham station awaiting the rest of the company. Matt was bedecked in the shirt of the A7X themselves, while Dave and I (and eventually Nick and Chris also) were suited in the shirt of that condition caused by quick ice cream eating. We all clambered onto the train, and after lengthy conversation that covered such topics as 'gay pastimes', paralytic drunks at reading, Reading itself, Leeds and sex with frozen excrement, we got off (the train) at London Bridge at alighted to the tube system, thankfully devoid of bombs. We met Guy and after a very crowded tube ride (goth sluts and jewish businessmen in the same carriage. Meaty) we got off (the tube) at Kentish Town and made our way to the Forum. Walking along the queue (which was the sameish length as LC) I was accosted for the Nightwish hoody which was rather nice of the man. He was wearing a BFMV shirt though, so I have no idea what he was talking about giving me fashion branding advice. We got into the queue and had much fun with a man who was just sitting in his car (pervishly)

After passing one vomiting man (took him the length of the queue to get that drunk. Think his name was Paul) we got into the Forum and headed straight for the bar (where I managed to get served, first time for everything) and proceeded to spend 40 minutes during the supports (Bullets and Octane or something and someone else. No MCR clones though) getting rather neatly toasted. Matt, Nick and I then headed for the middle. This was going to be fun.

So, the rousing opening to Beast and the Harlot came forth from the massive speakers as the band (The Rev, Johnny Christ, Synyster Gates, Zacky Vengeance and the illustriously bicepped M. Shadows) strutted on stage. I caught I think a glimpse of the sexyness before I felt the crowd behind me give way into the mosh pit. And I was straight onto the floor in seconds, but after a quick regaining of balance was back in along with the rest. And damn was that fun! The opening ended and they moved onto the classic that was Unholy Confessions

Here I must add a note. If you know the story, don't be telling me no lectures. The pit was again in full swing, but alas, I could slowly feel my shoe coming loose from my foot. The thought did cross my mind to put it on again, but for some lack of reason i never did. Anyway, this was to be my undoing, as the shoe inevitably was loosed from my foot, and before I could retrieve it was again at floor level. When I was back up I scanned for my shoe, but was not to be, my shoe was gone. After being pursuaded quite effectively (heels fecking hurt) I left the pit for the rest of the evening, which I was rather moosed about. Well, I say for the rest of the evening...

...that lasted about 2 minutes, as they decided to start playing one of my all time favourite A7X tunes, the incorrectly titled I Won't See You Tonight Pt 1. Amazing song, which me Matt and Nick linked arms and swayed along, belting the lines back at M (now shadeless. Sexy mother fucker!).

They played, for anyone who actually cares (what I can remember at least:
  • Beast and the Harlot (OHMIGOSHYES)
  • Unholy Confessions (OMGY)
  • Trashed and Scattered (OMGY)
  • I Won't See You Tonight Pt 1 (OMGY)
  • Strength of the World
  • Second Heartbeat (OMGY)
  • Bat Country (OMGY)
  • Burn it Down
There were probably one or two more. they were only on for an hour and a bit, leaving first after the 50 minute mark (prompting some heckling from the crowd, which even I joined into with some choice words).

Once they had left for real, I walked around the now empty Forum looking for my long lost shoe, but was in vain. I resigned myself to its loss and ventured with the others back home. I staved off the discomfort of sock travel by stuffing the sock with the Metro, though I couldn't keep the noise of the several hundred A7X fans from entering my ears. Man I have NEVER heard a tube that loud!!

So that is that. Also of note these past few days, I bought new shoes and 2 new shirts and a tie (from Primark, which is also a dynamo) and spent the majority of Saturday absolutely maiming the Stompp man at Halo. And watching Serenity, which is a very slick film. Apparantly I have Firefly on the way, so might make some more sense now, thanks to the Toby for that.

(Still not happy)
Night
'chard

Playing: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (KOTOR)
Reading: 'Kid Radd'
Listening to: 'Sunburn' - Muse
Annoyed with: Everything
Mood: Hmm, let me think
Song currently stuck in head: 'Seemann' - Rammstein
Favourite Song of the Minute: 'Aeon' - Lacuna Coil

1 comment:

Dauve said...

Of course, now free from your evil clutches, the rebel shoe will now go on to have a full, rich and happy life. Before ending up at the bottom of a river somewhere.