October 18, 2007

Chard Checks in

I'm in one of those moods. I don't know what kind of mood that is (and no, drunk isn't a mood so much as a 'state') and lord knows I'd rather not have it pinpointed. Though I could get Emma to psych me, but that would give me a needless diagnoses, and then I'd have to act or some shit and you'd worry and life would be better; and who wants that?!

I dunno what it is. I don't feel in anyway depressed (worry ye not, chard is going no further in his chronic emoness), but in the same way I'm not exactly skipping in glee.

Uni, i'd like to immediately qualify, has absolutely nothing to do with this feeling. If anything it's helping alleviate it; the course while strenuous is everything I wanted and more (read: movement classes are slimming me down) and the people and places are absolutely fantastic. I have a great group of friends, both inside and outside of my course, and I'm not having any of those whiny "i want to go home" urges most people seem to be getting(and fiar play to them, maybe they didn't spend ayear getting so fucking bored as I did). It's just wierd.

I'd like to qualify before i get any faux therapy from anyone - I love uni, it's all i wanted and after only 5 weeks i can see it being a fantastic chapter in my life. I guess I am feeling a little bit cheated by all the people hyping it as the 'best years ever' and finding little to support that as yet, but hey thats time. It may get better. Life may bend me over and rape me horribly (such as it's been known to do) but hey if anything else people have seen that I'm flexible enough to kick it in the face as it does so.

I guess if I'm forced to admit it, I do miss the old crowd. I miss those day's in the railway or sheep, all of us getting fucked off our faces and waking up the next morning, only to meet that evening and compare hangover notes. Admittedly i had a year adjustment period where people where gone and I could get used to the idea, but it's still odd. I mean, it wasn't all that long ago (a near as dammit 10th of my life infact). It's just odd without the crowd. In someways better in someways worse. For one thing im slimmer, but damn it im soberer...

Sod it all. I think I'm just pissed off this is the third day in the row I've failed to do my laundry and I'm now out of clothes.

The laundry basket is laughing at me...

Playing: Final Fantasy VI. Soon to be Phantom Hourglass
Reading:
Every book blackwells fucking stocks..
Listening to: 'Crushcrushcrush' - Paramore
Annoyed with: Everything in that post except the punchline
Mood: Missing a halo
Song currently stuck in head: 'Science Fiction' - Rocky Horror
Favourite Song of the Minute: 'Evoke' - After Forever

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very deep.

Laundry's always a bastard. £2 of my money every time grumble grumble...

Anonymous said...

Laundry does suck. And I am glad you are finding uni jolly. If too sober. And in the holidays the old crowd will return in force :)

Chard said...

Except you. Wench.