December 17, 2006

This Does Not Affect Your Statutory Rape

Sorry about the title, it popped into my head while reading Hane's latest post. Made me giggle at least. See Julia? Can be funny.

I've had a lot of people mentioning to (screaming at) me about the small detail that my blog has undergone a bit of a rehaul. Well I thought it was time for a change really. I've had that same orange and white layout since the start of the blog (way back in 2004), and with the switch to this newfangled blogger better thing, and it's newly acquired ease to edit, the time seemed right. Besides, it's nearly Christmas, so consider this your present! (note: that's Christmas. Not X-mas, Xmas, Chrimbo, 'smas or anything! So fuck your anti-religious sentiments! I'm sticking it to the man! That man there, his name's Geoff. Bad Geoff, bad! No biscuit for Geoff!). The only real difference anyway is the colour scheme (almost no clashing!) and the fact that I removed a few dead link and updated a few broken ones. So in that respect its no different for any of you, except for the fact you may have an allergy to red text and start coming out in a rash everytime you go on the page, but that's a price i'm sure you're all willing to pay to read my wonderfully wise words of wonder, whimsy, wishes and wibbles. W's for the W!

It's been stated that my only activities in life are currently Smallville, MSN and Rehearsals. Unfortunately, I've watched all Smallville and finished rehearsals. Fortunately, I've rekindled my love affair with Final Fantasy, finishing VI and getting further than ever on V. I rule! Hyrule!

So, the long awaited promise of a thing about Cinderella can now be fulfilled! Strap yourselves in boys.

Cinderella the Sequel. Just look at that again. Cinderella. The Sequel. A sequel to Cinderella. Already panto aficianados (sp?) should be heaving over their lattes. Another rollicking panto from the mind that brought us such updated classics as Goldilocks and the Three Martians, Red Ridinghood Goes Out West and, who could forget, Sleeping Beauty Goes Back To The Future. With such a classic repertoire under her belt, Jackie Staite could almost be forgiven for thinking that her plays were in anyway good. But, Theatre 62 decided to enlist 25 hapless individuals to prove to her, once and for all, that delusion is a big part of the panto world, not reality.

And so the cast assembled back in the deep dark murk of time (September ish) to read over the play for the first time. With a resounding cry of "THIS IS TERRIBLE" the director/eagle, Eve Stone then got her thinking beak on and decided to try and salvage the panto into something vaguely presentable. And she certainly managed that. Oh yes she did. Oh no. No. She really didn't.

OK, I'm bashing it a bit. Actually this entire post is kinda odd. I'm in an odd state of mind. Might have ben all the alcohol, but I'll get to that later. Huh. But anyway, panto. As you may have gathered, the script was described with a miriad of phrases, each bluer than the last. In fact I had a lot of fun recently re-reading the original script (still got it) and seeing just how much had changed. Most of it in fact. I also learned that I'd been forgetting to say a line for about 2 months. Noone picked me up on it though. Huh. Rehearsal were generally quite painless, even if Eve had a frustrating habit of being increibly vexing. Such as making a decision one rehearsal, only to shout at you when you did it next rehearsal, only to forcefully deny that she'd ever do such thing as tell you to do what she told you to do. Seriously, it was getting to the point that if I'd argued to point any more she'd have put her finger in her ears and gone "LAALAAALAA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALA". URGH. Anyway I suppose the best thing about it all was that it a) got me out of the house a bit, which I'm sure everyone can agree as being a good thing and b) I got to meet new people. Not that I'm replacing you lot at all, heaven forbid, you are all still most special to me. But then again you aren't here, so, you know. All good people. We are all one.

The actual performances were good and funky, I managed to get a grand total of some people there, which was a big help when it came to enduring the 2 and a half hour performance, not to mention the pain of being orange and have a dead seal attached to my head for no reason. And that DAMN costume under those stage lights!!! It doesn't show up in any of Dave's photos, but I was sweating like a paedo in a playground under that thing. I tried holding it with one finger once, and I swear the damn thing was about to break off! The finger, not the jacket.

But, twas a fun experience which I hope can only be bettered by the next one. Which you are all coming to see yes? (23rd - 28th April cough cough). Oh, and for any that didn't come and see it (EMMIE!!!) I have a copy on video which hopefully monsewer Jani will be able to turn into DVD, so that should be sorted nicely.

And so, to the present. HHAHAHAHA!!! PRESENT! I was, last night attending the T62 christmas party, which everyone seemed to be perplexed at. Seriously, as I was leaving Louis phoned, 20 minutes later Rob phoned, Dave phoned after that, THEN Tom phoned and THEN Sarah phoned!!! And Stompp texted in there somewhere. Why am I only popular when I'm busy?!! (by th'way, Christmas party, present? Geddit?) Twas an evening of funness, rollicking and alcohol. Which may have been a bad idea for some:
DSCF6687
We, being the young people, had our own little table, with another table attached to accomodate Caroline's (Cinderella) mother sister and boyfriend. We were of course, nearest the bar which allowed for quick purchasing of alcoholic substances. Food was good none of which I actually had due to the fact I ate before I came out, but that just meant there was more for everyone else, so I felt good and charitabubble. The table itself was quite prettiful, with candles and decorations and yayful things (how Helen did that sound?):
DSCF6680
Reserved! Yes! We rock! But there was lots to be done, such as watching lighting technicians/set designers/sound technicians try their hand at treading the boards, with rather predictably hilarious results. I counted about 15 seperate promptings and several moment of 4th wall shatterage:
DSCF6681
And there were presents!
DSCF6682
DSCF6683
DSCF6685
Doesn't Amy look happy? And singing!
DSCF6690
And dancing!
DSCF6689
And posing!
DSCF6691
DSCF6692
DSCF6693
DSCF6688
Some bloke absconding with my Cinderella there...

Had a good long chat with Cinderellas sister also. And she is like the coolest person ever! She's a gamer! She's a geek! Random! I was scared, yet amused. Speaking of, doing ok in FFV, on the 2nd world, which is a first. So hopefully that should be done by little past Christmas in time for FFIV or KH which will lead me nicely to the February release of:























NERDGASM!!!! OMFG!!! Seriously. OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!!!!

And on that note:

'chard

Playing:
Final Fantasy V
Reading: Sabriel
Listening to: 'Oh My God' - Kaiser Chiefs
Annoyed with: Back of my neck
Mood: Little tired
Song currently stuck in head: None in my head
Favourite Song of the Minute: 'Beelzeboss' - Tenacious D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should be playing Zelda, not crappy Final Fantasy.

Bitch..

(Seriously play Zelda)

Chard said...

Some of us don't have a Wii, and I am yet to get Ocarina for my N64. So nyaah.

Anonymous said...

Rape is never funny, tsk...