June 12, 2006

Filler

Why am I the only person who actually has a massive fucking hate of the heat? Chalk it up to being your typical introvert with his vampiric desire for shade (hold the blood please) but seriously, enough is enough. It's currently 23.17 (you know, night, when the sun is no longer shining and it should get cooler?), the french windows are open, and yet i am still here red as a beetroot with sweat pouring out of my forehead like it grew up aspiring to be a waterfall when it grew up.

And you know what? Heat irritates me. Not just cos its blinding and all that, but I do get really hot and bothered (punnage) in this weather. And it just annoys me more when people say to me "But it's glorious weather, it's great, i love the sun, I'm going to have it's babies etcetcetc". First off, when was the heat and light 'good' weather?! Why is rain and cloud 'bad' weather? Both are as natural as each other, why the preference? Cna anyone really give me a reason why sun is better than rain? I can give you my reason for rain over sun (which actually invariably wins me any argument on the subject). Sun causes sunburn,which takes a week (ish) to disappear completely, leaving you scarred, possibly with peeling skin and a higher risk of skin cancer (might kill you). And that's from about... an hour unprotected at midday? Rain, on the other hand, get you wet, perhaps cold if theres a wind blowing. How long does it take to cure yourself of that? 20 minutes with a towel, a mug of a warm drink and a feel good film. Ok yes,hypothermia and pneumonia etc etc, but only if you are out in the cold and damp for long enoughand dont get warm or dry. But in the same time space as the sun exposure, an hour at midday, you don'thave much to worry about (and who doesn't want an excuse to relax?). As Billy Connolly said, 'there's no such thing as the wrong weather, there's only the wrong clothes'.

There's only 3 things I thank the sun for: Nature, salads and female fashion.
Not that the last one of those is at all benefitial for the sweating tomato man of doom here.

Oh, and to anyone who like me this morning, has to go through a 3 hour long exam in this heat. I pity you. So, so much...

To paraphrase Tim Buckley:

"Dear Sun,

FUCK OFF!!!

Kisses and Lollipops,
'chard"

Real post coming soon, i swear

4 comments:

Dauve said...

Mid summer (like now) is bad. August - October is generally a fine time of year. Normally I'd be depressed about the prospect of a whole new year of school at that time of year... but no more. Woo!

Anonymous said...

The sun ain't so bad, you just need to stop wearing your big black hoodie and thick trousers and get like me and wear classy little short sleeve shirts and 3/4 length white trouser things. Yes. A haircut would help too, but I know I'm a sinner for mentioning that... ;)

I love the sun and the rain, just neither when I'm shopping - and that's that! And I can thrash you in Halo 2 in both conditions... though I know my performance in Sonic the other day was more than a little appalling... I want my laptop back so I can make music in the sun dans le garden. :(

JAJ said...

Obviously you have never been in a flash flood in the monsoon season..woo for sunshine!

Lewis said...

Could you please do another post? Everytime I look at this page now I sing to myself:

Filler, Filler night
And no one's gonna save you from the pun about to strike!
You know it's Filler, Filler Night
You're fighting for your life inside a Filler, Filler
Tonight!